There is an old occult maxim which declares that—" Nothing is concealed from him who knows." No Mason is bound to conceal that which he has never learned in the Lodge. All else he receives as he learns any thing, places his own estimate upon its value, and becomes individually responsible for its use. It must be a matter of conscience, and be weighed in the balance of duty, and every one must abide by the result. If Masonry has lost the Royal Secret, or if it never possessed it, or if it was wrenched away in the very name of Religion little more than a century ago, all the same, it belongs to the Craft as the Heir-apparent of the Old Wisdom. But the time has come when no cable-tow can bind it. It now belongs to Humanity equally with the Mason. To this end has it been preserved throughout the centuries.



Sunday, February 6, 2011

Channeling The Dead

Time to lighten it up a little, time to talk about communications received from the dead.
There something going on, something frankly I have not been able to tap into. Now don’t get me wrong I do appreciate a good channeling once in awhile. If truth be told I was once a big fan of “Seth” who spoke through the human named Jane Roberts, and I would certainly be remiss not to speak of Edgar Cayce, he was a superstar. Both were very inspiring to me in the beginning as I journeyed in the world mystery. But so wasn’t the Ouija board that sat in my attic for years because I was afraid to use it.
It’s no big surprise, if you have actually read my blog, that I do rather enjoy Pythagorean philosophy, which puts forth the idea of transmigration of the soul, and I absolutely love Tibetan Mahayana Buddhism with its belief that after we die we linger in a in-between state for 49 days before we take rebirth, hopefully as a Buddha, but that’s pretty rare. Cause and effect, I get it.
Remember the book “Many Life’s, Many Masters” by Dr. Brian Weiss? Boy did that book scare the poop out of me, but no more than Carlos Castaneda’s “The Art of Dreaming”, it gave me nightmares.
Needless to say I try to avoid channeling the dead, just not my thing.
But as of late there certainly seems to be a lot of channelers, people I would expect the dead would talk through. Sure Pat Robertson has been channeling the big guy for years, but now it seems every time I change the channel on the television some one is either channeling Ronald Reagan or the founding fathers, it amazing! It kind of reminds of the psych ward I worked on thirty years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment